Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Vintage Makeover Remakover

I purchased this loverly little darling this past summer because I saw it and my heart. stopped. literally.  I have an unhealthy obsession with all things baskets and all things vintage so imagine what happened to me when I saw vintage baskets.  The angels were singing.  No, really.   I purchased it from a booth at a vintage peddler's mall type store that a girl I went to high school with owned.  I think she had restored it and painted it a lovely shade of red.  However, I knew that red didn't really match my overall vision for my dining room and kitchen.  I had already purchased these elegant curtains from Anthropologie for my dining room.

They were originally $150 PER CURTAIN and I got them on sale when they were having their 50% off clearance items for $32.00!!!! We didn't have an Anthro near us at the time so I called several all over the US until I found them and they shipped them to me for free and I received them the next day.  If you have never shopped there, you really should.  Their customer service is 5 stars.

Anyway...I digress...

This was what my darling little vintage basket dresser (that may not be the right word) looked like before:


And here is what it looks like after:


I got the burlap lampshade at Hobby Lobby for $7 and the framed cameos (of a random person's children) at Goodwill for $2.  I also have these curtains from Target behind the Anthro ones to create a softer, vintage elegant look.

1 comment: